Medicare covers preventative care services, including an annual wellness visit. But confusing a wellness visit with a physical could be very costly.
As part of the Affordable Care Act, Medicare beneficiaries receive a free annual wellness visit. At this visit, your doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant will generally do the following:
- Ask you to fill out a health risk assessment questionnaire
- Update your medical history and current prescriptions
- Measure your height, weight, blood pressure and body mass index
- Provide personalized health advice
- Create a screening schedule for the next 5 to 10 years
- Screen for cognitive issues
You do not have to pay a deductible for this visit. You may also receive other free preventative services, such as a flu shot.
Click Here to Read More